This season at Uncle John’s, we are focusing on tradition. We feel so fortunate that we have the opportunity to be the 5th generation living and farming the same land. In our busy lives, sometimes we forget to slow ourselves down to take time to enjoy what is right around us. Starting with quarantine, our families spent countless hours talking about what our “2020 Cider Season” could look like. Not going to lie, there were many tough conversations and hard decisions. However, at the end of each conversation, we felt blessed that we could continue to share our farm with you to make new memories. Those conversations continue on a daily basis.
Have you sat our hillside to enjoy your cider and donuts while looking over the orchard? Have you walked through a corn maze? Have you searched through hundreds of pumpkins to find the right one? Have you “panned” for rocks and gems at our gemstone mining? When is the last time you did a nature walk?
We have turned down the music to acoustic, opened as many outdoor spaces as we have room for, built alternate “spots” to purchase cider & donuts, hard cider, wine and beverages, and are building our new “Cider Yard” to include music, yard games and cider for everyone. The food trucks are still coming, our stores are open, and we couldn’t be more excited. As events and activities are added, we will post them on our website.
We are planning an epic fall, built on our basics!
Safety has always been a fundamental value at Uncle John’s. To help us comply with COVID-19 regulations, we ask that you:
1. Please be considerate of social distancing.
2. Face coverings are required when inside our buildings and around other guests. They may be removed when seated with your party.
3. Understand that for your health, we are not allowed to do tastings and have chosen NOT to refill growlers or howlers currently.
4. We have restrooms available, and many hand sanitizing stations.
5. At this time, there is not a responsible way for us to host some of our attractions we have in the past. Due to social distancing and the ability to sanitize, we have currently suspended our inflatables and rides. However, we do have our Corn Maze, Gemstone Mining and Pumpkin Patch available.
To be the 5th generation owning and operating a family farm/business is very special to us. Thank you to each and every one of you who have supported us in the past, present and we hope to see in the future!
The Beck/Heystek Families.