Calendar and Activities
Being a seasonal business gives us the opportunity to offer different experiences depending on the time of year.
Plan your next visit by checking our calendar.
GEMSTONE MINING - $5 - 9:00AM-6:00PM
JUMPING PILLOW 9:00AM-6:00PM
FARM TRAIL 9:00AM-6:00PM
Our taproom features our Hard Cider, Wines and Spirits. While visiting, you can try our ciders & wines by ordering a flight! We also have seasonal live music and drink specials.
All of our retail barns hold a specially curated selection of gifts. Whether you are looking for a souvenir, snack, something for the home or yourself, we have something for everyone!
Spend some time outside and relax with live acoustic music. Be sure to check our calendar for our schedule.
Kids of all ages will enjoy mining for their own gemstones at Uncle John’s Mining Company, our 40 ft. operational sluice. This is a self guided activity that is popular for kids of all ages.Closed for the Season
Bounce, Bounce, Bounce on our giant outdoor jumping pillow. This activity is designed for kids of all ages. Play safe: no shoes, no flips and jump with kids your own size.New Pillow for 2023 Now Open!
Walk, run, cycle – just get out and enjoy. We have created a “farm trail” that will take you around our farm, where you can see the different crops and orchards. Each time you visit, you will see a different stage of growth or harvest. The trail is a mix of gravel, grass, pavement, hills and flat. Challenging but fun!No cost. Trail ranges from 2-3 miles, depending on season.
Visit our 5-acre corn maze, featuring a unique design to celebrate our 50th Anniversary! Each year, we pick a new design to fit the space and add a new challenge. Generally the maze takes approximately 45 minutes to complete and parents MUST accompany their children.Closed for the Season
We are excited to debut our new small passenger train! Our train loads at our activity field, near the pumpkin patch and corn maze.Done for 2023
Hop on with your family and friends and enjoy a tractor-drawn wagon through our orchard and around our farm. Our wagon loads at our activity field, near the pumpkin patch and corn maze.Done for 2023
We have created a space to enjoy your cider, bonfires, yard games, food trucks and live music. In this outdoor space, we do not take reservations. Check the September/October calendar for music schedule.Done for 2023
Watch Us Make Cider
Our cider is made from 100% hand harvested apples and is not pasteurized. To keep it this way, we must follow a seasonal need-based pressing schedule which means we DO NOT press cider every day. We press the majority of our cider during the months of September & October. The best days to watch are “usually” Saturday & Sundays with a random weekday or two. If you are planning your visit around the cider press operating, we suggest you call first.
1. Only hand picked select Michigan Apples are used.After the apples are picked, they are soaked in a mild Chlorine Dioxide solution. This solution is very similar to water treatments used in city-water systems for drinking.
2. After the apples soaked, they are scrubbed and rinsed in fresh water. After this sanitation process is complete, the apples ride up a conveyor belt to the “Hammer Mill” where they are chopped into small pieces.
3. Once the apples are chopped, they are squeezed by a series of belts which apply constant pressure to the chopped apples. We now have cider!
4. After the cider is squeezed from the apples, it runs through another filter, which takes out any remaining seeds, or large pectin particles. Once the cider passes this filter, it is immediately collected in a refrigerated stainless steel tank.
5. Once in the refrigerated tank, the cider will sit for 24 hours then be lab tested. From there it is pumped to our bottling line, where we package in gallon and half gallon containers.
6. Once bottled, the cider is yours to enjoy. Don’t forget the donuts!